In an AX Environment with a huge AX Services workload, it is suggested to enable the AX Services Balance.
In order to do that, you have to:
- AIF Web Services
- Remote Desktop Host Server
- SSRS Services
- Management Reporter
You have to follow the standard link High Availability best practices for Dynamics AX 2012 in order to setup the Balance through the Dynamics AX Configuration Utility.
You have to do that on each Servers listed above.
Therefore you have to:
- Through the Dynamics AX Configuration Utility create a new Configuration on “Local Client” and on “Business Connector” Target. You can named it “Balance”
- On both Configurations, in the Connection Tab fill “Server Name” with the IP or Name of the Balance
- Through the Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) at the path “\Software\Microsoft\Dynamics\6.0\Configuration\new_configuration_name” create two key “wcflbservername” and “wcflbwsdlport” and fill them respectively with the Balance IP or name and the Wsdl Port
“new_configuration_name” will be the new AX Configuration created
- Come back to the AX Configuration Utility and refresh both configurations with the “Refresh Configuration” button
Talking about AIF Web Services or WHS Mobile Portal, in some cases, you have to create also an IIS Farm in order to balance the IIS Connections. If you are working on Azure you have to use the Azure Application Gateway in order to do that.